As we all continue to be impacted by the rapidly evolving situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, Pinelawn feels it is imperative that we take all possible precautionary measures, in alignment with the guidance from the health agencies and our elected officials, to protect our employees, customers, the visiting public, and to slow the spread of the virus.
Please note that until further notice:
· Total service attendees for funerals will be limited to 25 persons.
· Please do not approach the service site until our crew has left the area.
· All caskets/urns will be lowered into the grave or placed into the mausoleum immediately after being led to location and prior to service. If the family would like to witness the lowering or placement, please let us know prior to being led up to location.
· All funeral services will take place at a distance of approximately 40 feet from the location.
· We will discontinue the use of our canopies, as well as our greens. Greens will only be used to cover the mound near the gravesite.
· All requests to witness the back fill of the graves and sealing of the crypts have been suspended until further notice.
· Services for Mausoleum Chapel and Atrium entombments will take place outside the entrance to the Chapel or Atrium.
· The director, along with two family members, may enter the Chapel or Atrium to witness the placement, while keeping a distance of at least 40 feet from the service crew.
· Similar to grave services, families who wish to witness placement in an outdoor mausoleum, must do so from their vehicles. The director, along with two family members, may observe from a distance of at least 40 feet from the service crew.
· For outdoor areas not visible from the roadside, only the director and two family members may remain in the area, while keeping a distance of at least 40 feet from the service crew.
· There will be no chairs provided at the service site.
· We will not allow the use of Pallbearers until further notice.
· The administration lobby will be closed to visitation.
· All services will be checked-in at the courtyard outside of the administration building.
· Temporary bathrooms are set up in the visitor’s parking lot.
· The park visiting hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, 7 days a week. Mausoleum Galleries will be open 9:30am to 4:00pm, 7 days a week.
· Our staff will be here to assist you via phone, at 631-249-6100, from 8:45 am to 4:45 pm, daily.
Please advise any families looking to select a memorial location, to call our office ahead of time, so that we can coordinate the best way to assist them.
We will keep you informed of any further changes. Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. Please be safe.
Pinelawn Memorial Park And Arboretum